South Africa’s undoubtedly most scenic inland skydiving venue is situated in the heart of the Vrederfort Dome, a World Heritage site at South Africa’s adventure capital, Parys – 1-hour drive from Johannesburg. The Drop Zone is surrounded by the Famous Vrederfort Dome World Heritage site and the very spectacular Vaal River system.
Parys falls within the famous Vrederfort Dome world heritage site. The Vrederfort Dome has formed 2023 million years ago when an asteroid the size of table mountain +- 10km in diameter and travelling at 70 000km/h hit Vrederfort. The impact forced rocks some 20km down buried in the earth’s crust to be uplifted. You can clearly see the Vrederfort Dome Mountains from Skydive Drop Zone and just imagine freefalling over the world’s largest and oldest astrobleme.
Skydive in this area is unquestionably the most scenic and historic place to experience the spectacular, exhilarating and thrilling Tandem Skydive. The team will take you from 0-220km/h for an unforgettable freefall experience. At a safe altitude, the Tandem Instructor will deploy the parachute for a 5-7 minute canopy flight to the Drop Zone. No previous experience in Skydiving needed. Tandem Skydiving is undoubtedly the safest way to experience Skydiving for the first time.
- Return transfers from Johannesburg
- Tandem Harness, jump pants and goggles
- Scenic Aircraft flight to altitude
- Prestigious certificate of achievement.
- Anything not mentioned as an inclusion
- Video and Photos
Minimum 2 pax
31 December 2020
- Please note that this activity is weather dependent
- Operates every Saturday and Sunday. Weekday bookings via prior arrangement. Booking Essential.
- Each person’s entire experience is professionally filmed, photographed, edited and provided on USB. (Only applicable to certain packages) If you are a group, we will put everyone’s footage on one USB.
- Skydive Parys has a weight limit of 100kg’s.
- Participants under 18 years of age require parental/legal guardian consent to participate.
- The minimum recommended age is 16 years old, though younger people may be considered.
- There is no maximum age, though the elderly may require special consideration.
- Unfortunately, you are not allowed to jump with your own Go Pro or camera. Safety first. Cameras distract the Tandem passenger from performing the tasks required of them in the Skydive.