The tour departs at 06:00 and takes you on a scenic drive up the north coast of Durban with beautiful views of the sparkling Indian Ocean on one side and swathes of lush, fertile sugarcane plantations on the other side. At the end of this scenic drive awaits the oldest proclaimed reserve in Africa.
Covering 96,000 Hectares of wilderness, rolling hills, magnificent wildlife Hluhluwe-Umfolozi offers guests Big 5 game viewing opportunities. Renowned for it’s white rhino conservation program, guests are almost guaranteed sightings of this highly endangered species. Some of the animals that can be found within the reserve include the buffalo, elephant, lion and leopard, blue wildebeest, zebra, giraffe water-buck, nyala, kudu, bushbuck, warthog, cheetah, hyena and 23,000 impala and 300 species of birds have been recorded. Guests are taken around the Park in a luxury air-conditioned tour vehicle and guests will enjoy lunch at Hilltop Camp (or similar).
- Return transfers from Durban beachfront / CBD or Umhlanga Rocks hotel
- Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Park Conservation Fee
- Lunch at Hilltop Camp or one of the rest camps in the park
- Anything not mentioned as an inclusion
- 31 December 2022
Block Out Dates:
- 25 December
- 26 December
- 01 January
- New dates may be advised due to COVID-19 – this however will be updated as soon as it is received.