This early morning activity will commence at the Visitor Centre next to Table Mountain’s Lower Cable Station, this is where you will meet your hiking guide. Once the safety brief is completed, start your hike up Platteklip Gorge Trail (other hiking trails can also be offered on request). This trail is about 3km and the most direct route to the top of Table Mountain. The Route is quite steep with stairs like steps, but it is not technical. On average this should take about 2-3 hours to reach the top of the Mountain. This activity is offered throughout the year with every season offering its own special rewards. The Platteklip Gorge hike, although tough and not for the faint-hearted offers amazing views and beautiful scenery. Hikers will enjoy being surrounded by unspoiled nature.
Once you have reached the top, your guide will take you to the Abseil site where you will proceed with 112m Abseil down Table Mountain. Another safety brief will be demonstrated before stepping over the wall to Abseil. The panoramic views from the top are breathtaking, but the views from the Abseil are even better. Descending down the side of a sheer cliff you will have Camps Bay, the Atlantic Seaboard and the deep blue ocean at your feet with the Twelve Apostles at your side. This activity is guaranteed to get your pulse racing. After the exhilarating activity, take a 30 / 40-minute walk (depending on fitness levels) back to the top of the Mountain, once on top, collect your certificate. Afterward, take the cable car back to the Lower Cable Car Station, your starting point.
End of this adventurous tour with a beer tasting and snacks at a local brewery.
- Guided Hike up Table Mountain
- Abseil Table Mountain including all the equipment required
- One-Way Cable Car Ticket (down)
- 1 x Beer Tasting
- Transport from/to your hotel in an airconditioned Beyond Touring vehicle
- Anything not mentioned as an inclusion
- ZAR 3 577.00
- Operate 7 days a week between 10 am and 3:30 pm weather dependant (9 am for summer season).
- The only days we are not operating thus far would be on Christmas day (New year’s day is TBC).
- Rates valid until 31 December 2020
- In the case where clients did the hike, but the weather does not permit them to do the abseil, clients are welcome to reschedule their abseil( taking the cable car to the top and back), if clients cannot reschedule, the abseil portion will be refunded.
- No experience is needed, the guides show you the ropes and talk you through the whole process.
- Bring water for your hike back to the top
- Go Pros are welcome.